BATA is backing the Go ON Gold campaign and urges members to join the Association in become a partner too.
Partners pledge to promote the campaign through their website, social media and other networks and encourage their staff and customers to become Digital Champions, donating some time to help people come online.
Please contact campaign manager Dan Jellinek on email@example.com who can provide further information and help you join Go ON Gold.
As part of its awareness-raising work, Go ON Gold has filmed a series of videos of campaigners and technology users. One of the video subjects is Paralympian peer and disability rights campaigner Tanni Grey-Thompson.
The sixteen-times medal winner is a firm believer in the enabling power of IT: "For people whose mobility is compromised or who lack the resources to be able to get out and about as much as they would like, full internet access can be hugely liberating. In front of the screen, we can all be equal and Go ON Gold is set to make this a reality."
Watch the video here: http://bit.ly/L88fjB
Go ON Gold, funded by the Nominet Trust, is a partner campaign of Go ON UK, the new national digital inclusion charity chaired by UK digital champion Martha Lane Fox and backed by the BBC, Age UK, the Post Office, TalkTalk, Lloyds Banking Group, the Big Lottery Fund and Eon.
The Go ON Gold website will act as a central focus for links to key resources and expertise, ranging from charities providing free or subsidised equipment, to centres offering one-to-one advice, and guidance for website developers to ensure the accessibility of the digital content they produce.
Go ON Gold has listed some of the benefits of becoming a Partner, which include:
- Fulfillment of corporate social responsibility goals, helping to promote a hugely beneficial social cause, championing fairness and disability rights;
- The ability to use our logo as part of your own web and marketing work;
- Access to help from Go ON Gold to promote your involvement in our campaign, helping you write and promote press releases to appropriate local and national press;
- Promotion of your involvement on Go ON Gold’s own website and through the campaign’s PR activities in regional and trade media and on twitter;
- Professional assistance with the development of case studies around success stories relating to Go ON Gold among your staff or clients which you can use freely on your own website and in other communications activities;
- Access for you and your staff to a range of relevant events and training opportunities including our online Web Essentials course, which we are offering free to our first 1,000 applicants (see www.bcs.org/dawe) and others at a reduced fee;
- Attendance by Go ON Gold board members at your own events, including speaking slots, subject to availability